As you’ve probably guessed by now, the new school year has started and is full force already, leaving little time for the proper lovin’ this blog has been lackin’ lately.
But I am back! And with updates.
1. If you direct your attention to the right of the page, you’ll see my brand spankin’ new Featured Publisher badge through Foodbuzz! I could not be more excited.
2. As of a few weeks ago, I now have all my roommates moved in and the 3 of us are just one big happy family.
3. My latest obsession: JUICING. Okay I know it sounds like a major fad (I am just so mainstream and hip) but now that we have the beloved VitaMix, getting a juice going in the morning a few days a week really kick-starts my day.
This was my first juice and admittedly, one of the more hardcore ones I’ve made. Any guesses as to what it contained?
- 1 small beet
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium green apple
- squeeze of lemon juice
Blended and then strained through my nutmilk bag to make it really smooth and creamy. So delicious! Of course it’s not a replacement for real whole fruits and veggies but I think it’s a good way to get a variety of antioxidants in your bod first thing in the morning. It was a little messy and time-consuming, and I can see how it would get expensive to juice every day, but definitely worth it a few times a week! My other favorite has been carrot-orange-lemon. Mmm :)
4. FOODIE PHOTO DUMP:
5. This is what a happy fridge looks like.
Let’s not even get started on the fruit bowls. Yes, bowls, plural. Just one isn’t enough for the fruit monsters around here.
4 fruit bowls, a veggie bowl, and a watermelon (??). That’s not even counting the produce in the refrigerator. :)
6. Remember Friday Food Labs??? Just making sure.
7. Pizza is always the answer.
8. My Friday’s this quarter are still going to be plenty of fun! While I won’t spend 3 hours cooking delicious meals and getting graded for it, I’m going to be a part of something really worthwhile.
Cal Poly’s STRIDE organization is offering a course through the Kinesiology department called Health Ambassadors. I get to be a part of some fantastic community outreach events in nutrition, specifically a program called Pink & Dude Chefs which involves going out to a middle school and teaching nutrition and cooking lessons to students!
I’m really looking forward to all the opportunities I’ll have to get involved this quarter and should be logging tons of community service hours through the course, not to mention all the experience I should be able to gain in the field.
(Hey Poly students, you should check out STRIDE club for ways to get involved!)
9. A little home improvement?
This is our GARAGE near completion! We wanted a good study/hang out space so we put down carpet, added some mood lighting, and softened up the harsh white walls with some fun draping cloth.
We’re pretty happy with how it has turned out.
Just don’t look in that corner just yet. ;)
10. 10 is a nice, round, even number. Check back for updates (no, seriously, do it!) because I’m planning on doing some blogging makeovers soon. Playing around with layout and formatting and hopefully updating some links that need updating!
Have a wonderful week, it’s good to be back.
Have you ever tried juicing? Is there a concoction I should try?
What is your go-to meal during a busy week? (Mine’s pizza.)